- Why choose Velocity Micro?
- I'm not a gamer, but should I still invest in a custom PC?
- Do you ship internationally?
- How much is shipping?
- How much power supply do I need?
- What's the difference between a Xeon and i7 Processor?
- What's the difference between your case options?
- Why aren't there pictures of the back of each pc?
- How can I find out how many USB ports a system has?
- VelocityCare vs. Standard warranty - what's the difference?
- When can I choose to extend my warranty?
- My system is out of warranty. What do I do?
- What about the upgrade program?
- I ordered a monitor/speakers but they didn't arrive with the PC. Why?
- Ok I'm lost. Can you help?
Why choose Velocity Micro?Since our first review, no one has been able to match Velocity Micro's PCs in craftsmanship, performance, and quality. To read more about what makes us different, check out this page.
Comparing us to Dell or HP? Awesome. Read more here about how we stack up.
I'm not a gamer, but should I still invest in a custom PC?Absolutely. Our reputation may come from our success building record breaking gaming PCs, but we're so much more than that. In fact, we were originally founded to build high performance desktops for CAD applications. Since, we've built thousands of computers for customers just like you looking for a reliable home PC, an office desktop, or benchmark crushing workstation. There's just something about a lightning fast PC, made in the USA, shipped without bloatware, and supported by in house experts that seems to keep people coming back for more.
Do you ship internationally?Yes! Since 2002, we've been shipping our ultra-performance PCs to enthusiasts all over the world. We'll ship anywhere in the world that UPS will deliver. If you're unsure whether your location applied, just ask! Keep in mind though, that International shipping charges will apply. For a custom quote on shipping to your location, email us at vmsales [at] velocitymicro [dot] com. We'll get back to you on that same business day. Please note, that we do not accept non US-based credit cards. For International shipments, we prefer payment through Paypal.
How much is shipping?Standard Ground shipping costs between $39 and $69 depending on the system. Additional charges will apply to customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and International shipments. For a custom shipping quote, email us at vmsales [at] velocitymicro [dot] com or call 888-300-4450.
How much power supply do I need?Because every PC build is unique to your specifications, there's unfortunately no blanket answer here. Obviously, you must make sure when configuring a PC that the PSU has enough capacity to power your components. Typically, the graphics card will be the biggest power draw in a PC, so a lower capacity PSU will usually suffice for single GPU configurations whereas multi GPU configurations typically require at least 850W. For more detailed information, check out our blog post on this very subject.
What's the difference between a Xeon and i7 Processor?In general, Xeon processors are designed for higher demand workstation or server applications, where extreme longevity is a must. I7 Processors are typically consumer based, so an overall better value. To read a detailed breakdown of all the differences, check out this blog post.
What's the difference between your case options?Each chassis we use is specially designed for certain users and applications with size and form factor being the key differentiators. Here's a quick rundown of our current line:
- Smallblock - Our original small form factor case, the Smallblock uses mITX motherboards and passive cooling to create a compact, quite PC for home users and entry level gamers. Stands just 13" tall.
- NX - Our newest small form factor, the NX also uses mITX motherboards but extended depth for larger graphics cards and side/top vents make this case ideal for power users with limited space. Read More
- MX3 - Our mid tower mATX option, the MX3 can handle more hard drives and multiple graphics cards without taking up your entire desk. Read More
- SX - Our economy mid tower mATX option, the SX is designed for our budget desktops.
- GX3 - Our full sized ATX tower, the GX3 doesn't hold anything back. If you want room to expand and the best airflow possible without compromise, this is the one for you. Read More
- GX3 Plus - The granddaddy of them all. The GX3 Plus accommodates E-ATX and dual CPU motherboards. Coming Soon!