The following may be indicators of a failed or failing power supply.
Some items may also indicate a failure or problem with another component.
- Power-on Fails (system fails to start or lock ups)
- Spontaneous Rebooting
- Intermittent lock ups during applications
- Hard drive and fan fail to spin up simultaneously (+12 failure)
- Overheating of power supply due to fan failure
- Small brownouts that cause the system to restart
- Electric shocks when the case is touched
- System completely dead and no LED lit on motherboard
- Circuit breakers popping when the computer is powered on