What are the symptoms of a failed or failing power supply?
The following may be indicators of a failed or failing power supply.
Some items may also indicate a failure or problem with another component.
1. Power-on Fails (system fails to start or lock ups)
2. Spontaneous Rebooting
3. Intermittent lock ups during applications
4. Hard drive and fan fail to spin up simultaneously (+12 failure)
5. Overheating of power supply due to fan failure
6. Small brownouts that cause the system to restart
7. Electric shocks when the case is touched
8. System completely dead and no LED lit on motherboard
10. Circuit breakers popping when the computer is powered on