How do I go about having Velocity Micro upgrade my computer?
If you are interested in having Velocity Micro upgrade any or all of the core components (motherboard, CPU, RMA, GPU) in your system, first take a look at the systems we are currently selling. Find one you like and think would meet your computing needs. Make note of the core component hardware in the system and then contact Customer Care for a upgrade quote referencing those parts. We will be able to recommend at that time any changes if configuration pitfalls are found. Once you are satisfied with the quoted upgrade project, we will issue an RMA to receive the PC at our facilities in Virginia to perform the upgrade work.
- Once the repair team authorizes a recall for upgrade, an RMA (returned merchandise authorization) will be issued.
- You can expect that the system hard drive may be formatted and the OS re-installed without prior notice.
- Prior authorization is required or the package will be refused and shipped back at the customer’s expense.
- Labor for upgrades is a flat fee of $99 regardless of the upgrade.
- The customer will be responsible for part costs and labor fees.
- The customer is responsible for shipping charges and shipping insurance to and from Velocity Micro facilities.
- The customer must use the original box and packing materials to ensure its safety. Purchasing shipping insurance is always recommended.
- The repair technician will perform the upgrade and charge the customer for both parts, labor, and return shipping prior to return.