Velocity Micro believes that providing highly skilled U.S. based technical support is critical to our success. Each of our trained Support Technicians are committed to providing friendly and knowledgeable support for any questions or problems that our customers may need assistance with.
To assist our Technical Support staff in providing the best possible service there are a couple of ways you can assist:
- Be prepared to provide your warranty number. Where to find it.
- For our Retail customers, warranty registration is required before our Technical Support staff can assist you.
- If you have not registered your warranty please do so before contacting the Technical Support Team with questions or service inquiries.
- Call when you are near your PC.
- In order to help provide a diagnosis and resolve any problems with your PC, the technician may require you to check settings or test components within the PC.
- Call when you have time to work with our technician.
- Keep in mind that troubleshooting can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours depending on the severity of the issue and the testing required.
- Do not be afraid to ask clarifying questions.
- During troubleshooting you are our eyes and ears. The technician may ask you to perform actions or ask detailed questions. This process requires a team effort and we need your support and patience in helping to uncover and resolve all issues.
- From time to time we may need to do some research and return your call with the results.
- Yes, it is true that sometimes customers call with questions and issues that stump us! One of the challenges we love with "bleeding edge" technology is that we learn something new every day. Sometimes we may need to partner with Product Development or others to find a solution. We will work diligently to provide an answer as soon as possible.
- Understand that technical support is primarily for break/fix issues.
- If you have a problem with your system, we want to help. But, we can't provide support for some things, like hardware or software that we did not install in your system. For example, we cannot assist you in setting up a new RAID array, configuring your system for dual-boot, or to help you set up your home network, but you might find some basic instruction for things like these on this Support Hub.