How do I create a new user account in Vista?
Multiple user accounts allows friends and family to customize their desktop and work space without interfering with yours. You may decide whether they will have a Standard Account (standard account users can use most software and change system settings that do not affect other users or the security of the computer) or Administrator (Administrators have complete access to the computer and can make any desired changes.) To create a new user account, follow the steps below:
1. Click on Start and choose Control Panel
2. In the Control Panel, select User Accounts
3. Under the make changes to your user account, select Manage another account
4. Select Create a new account
5. Type a name for the new account.
6. Select whether you wish for this account to be Standard or Administrator.
7. Click on Create Account. The new user account is now created.