When I start my computer it almost gets to Windows then it blinks and restarts. I am stuck in a boot loop.
This sounds as if you are encountering a Blue Screen error but your system is configured to reset on errors such as these, causing a boot-loop.
If you can get into Safe Mode, follow these instructions to disable this. Otherwise, follow the instructions below:
- During system startup, access your motherboard's Boot Device Menu by pressing the appropriate Function Key (F8 for Asus, F12 for Intel, etc.)
- Once you select your system disk with your arrow keys, press Enter and immediately begin pressing F8 again to access the Windows Advanced Boot Options.
- Select Disable automatic restart on system failure and press Enter
- This prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail. Choose this option only if Windows is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and fails again repeatedly.
- The system should reboot and allow you to see the error on the screen. If you recognize the error as related to a particular program or driver, you may be able to prevent it from loading by entering Safe Mode and using System Configuration as detailed here.