Velocity Micro Announces Raptor X17 Notebook Featuring NVIDIA® GeForce®
GTX 480M Mobile Graphics
Ultra performance 17" notebook offers frame rates and visual features never before offered in a mobile platform
Richmond, VA — May 25, 2010 — Velocity Micro, the premier independent builder of premium, high performance desktop computers, notebooks, and peripherals, announces the release of the Raptor X17 notebook powered by the newly launched NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M mobile graphics card. With full DirectX 11 support and a laundry list of visual features and benefits, the GeForce GTX 480M makes the Raptor X17 a must have for extreme gamers and mobile enthusiasts.
“With the release of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M, we’re able to provide a new level of mobile gaming performance to our customers who demand the best hardware,” said Chip Lowell, VP of Sales for Velocity Micro. “This is more than just a desktop replacement. It’s the ultimate mobile gaming system.”
Offering visually stunning graphics, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M makes the Raptor X17 a force to be reckoned with on the gaming scene. Key features include:
- Interactive Ray Tracing - By tracing the path of light through a 3D scene, ray tracing uses the power of the GPU to create spectacular, photo-realistic visuals.
- NVIDIA Verde Drivers - NVIDIA® Verde™ drivers keep the Raptor X17 compatible with the latest applications and performing at its peak.
- NVIDIA PhysX Technology - Full support for NVIDIA® PhysX® technology, enabling a totally new class of physical gaming interaction for a more dynamic and realistic experience.
- CUDA Technology - NVIDIA® CUDA™ technology unlocks the power of the GPU’s processor cores to accelerate the most demanding system tasks – such as video transcoding – delivering incredible performance improvements over traditional CPUs.
- PureVideo HD 1080p Technology - Bring the latest Blu-ray movies to life with NVIDIA® PureVideo® HD technology. Sharp images, smooth video transitions, and vibrant colors are reproduced on the screen using very little power.
All Velocity Micro PCs are hand built and supported in the USA. To configure the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M powered Raptor X17 or another ultra performance desktop, notebook, or netbook, visit www.VelocityMicro.com.
About Velocity Micro, Inc.
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, small business, workstation, visual supercomputers and peripherals. Velocity Micro products are currently available at most consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information, please call (800) 303-7866 or visit www.VelocityMicro.com
Velocity Micro has earned over 60 industry awards, including 11 PC Magazine Editor's Choice awards. CNET, Maximum PC, Mobile PC, PC World, Computer Gaming World, Computer Shopper, and PC Gamer editors have all chosen Velocity Micro systems as some of the industry's best-performing, highest-quality, and most reliable PCs.