As if there weren’t already a ton of choices that have to be made when buying a new gaming laptop or computer, another one has been added to the mix: virtual reality.
Virtual reality headsets like the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive are designed to create immersive experiences that truly wow the user through 360-degree games and videos. But in order to get the smooth, fascinating experience that you expect, you need some pretty decent hardware.
VR-ready computers are those that are built specifically for use with virtual reality headsets. If you want to get more into this hobby, a VR-ready laptop might be the most direct way to get the system and hardware you need. However, these types of computers are an investment, and they’re not necessary for everyone interested in VR.
Considerations When Buying Laptops for VR
Here are a few things to think about when considering a VR-ready system.
- Cost: If you love to game and are willing to make the commitment, then you might not be intimidated by the prices associated with the virtual reality experience. However, if VR is a light hobby, the costs may be too steep for your budget. PCs required to run VR start at $999 and go up from there. Not to mention, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift headsets are between $600 and $800.
- Endless Choices: There are a lot of choices that will determine the best type of VR-ready computer for your needs. For example, what size do you want your gaming laptop to be? Should you buy now or wait for the next generation of components? There’s always something new around the corner.
- Budget or High-End: The minimum required specs will give you a good virtual reality experience, although not the best. VR software needs to run at least 90 frames per second per eye for pure immersion and those budget VR-ready systems just can’t provide this consistently. You should never overspend your budget, but if you go with a higher end system you’ll definitely notice the resulting increased graphical performance.
If you’re interested in VR gaming computers, Velocity Micro has the VR Ready GTX 10 Series Laptops. They are available NOW and perfect for gaming enthusiasts!
Latest posts by VMPete (see all)
- Benefits of Buying a Prebuilt Gaming Computer - December 20, 2016
- Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a New Computer - November 29, 2016
- Thanksgiving vs Black Friday vs Cyber Monday: When to Shop for Gaming Computers - November 15, 2016