What do the different function keys of the C90S notebook do?
The following defines the colored hot keys on the Notebook PC’s keyboard. The colored commands can only be accessed by first pressing and holding the function key while pressing a key with a colored command.
NOTE: The Hot Key locations on the function keys may vary depending on model but the functions should remain the same. Follow the icons instead of the function keys.
- F1 (Zz Icon) = Places the Notebook PC in suspend mode (either Save-to-RAM or Save-to-Disk depending on sleep button setting in power management setup).
- F2 (Radio Tower) = Wireless Models Only: Toggles the internal wireless LAN or Bluetooth (on selected models) ON or OFF with an on-screen-display. When enabled, the corresponding wireless indicator will light. Windows software settings are necessary to use the wireless LAN or Bluetooth.
- F3 (Envelope Icon) = Pressing this button will launch your Email application while Windows is running.
- F4 ("e" Icon) = Pressing this button will launch your Internet browser application while Windows is running.
- F5 (Filled Sun Icon) = Decreases the display brightness
- F6 (Open Sun Icon) = Increases the display brightness
- F7 (LCD Icon) = Toggles the display panel ON and OFF. (On certain models; stretches the screen area to fill the entire display when using low resolution modes.)
- F8 (LCD/Monitor Icons) = Toggles between the Notebook PC’s LCD display and an external monitor in this series: Notebook PC LCD -> External Monitor -> Both. (This function does not work in 256 Colors, select High Color in Display Property Settings.) NOTE: Must connect an external monitor “before” booting up.
- F9 (Crossed-out Touchpad) = Toggles the built-in touchpad LOCKED (disabled) and UNLOCKED (enabled). Locking the touchpad will prevent you from accidentally
- F10 (Speaker Icons) = Toggles the speakers ON and OFF (only in Windows OS)
- F11 (Speaker Down Icon) = Decreases the speaker volume (only in Windows OS)
- F12 (Speaker Up Icon) = Increases the speaker volume (only in Windows OS)
- Num Lk (Ins) = Toggles the numeric keypad (number lock) ON and OFF. Allows you to use a larger portion of the keyboard for number entering.
- Scr Lk (Del) = Toggles the “Scroll Lock” ON and OFF. Allows you to use a larger portion of the keyboard for cell navigation.
- Fn + C = Toggles “Splendid Video Intelligent Technology” function ON and OFF. This allows switching between different display color enhancement modes in order to improve contrast, brightness, skin tone, and color saturation for red, green, and blue independently. You can see the current mode through the on-screen display (OSD).
- Fn + V = Toggles “Life Frame” software application.
- Fn + T = Toggles “Power For Phone” software application.
- Fn + Space Bar (Power4Gear eXtreme) = This key toggles power savings between various power saving modes. The power saving modes control many aspects of the Notebook PC to maximize performance versus battery time. Applying or removing the power adapter will automatically switch the system between AC mode and battery mode. You can see the current mode through the on-screen display (OSD).